Monday, November 24, 2014

Sketchbook stuff #1



I thought I would share a few pages of my current sketchbook to show you all what I've been getting up to recently. I can't tell you how cost effective it is to use old books as sketchbooks! I bought this Kipling anthology for about 20p from a junk shop, a margin of the price I'd usually pay for a blank sketchbook. Drawing/painting/collaging over text also has a really nice effect, not to mention the rustic looking pretty cover.

I'm thinking of making this a series and putting more of my arty bits and pieces on here. I've got about six sketchbooks on the go at the moment so I might make my way though scanning some pages from each. 

 photo postsignature_zps264592e2.png

6 comments:

  1. I've never thought about using an old book as a sketchbook, It's a great idea will have to give it a go sometime. I would love to see more of your artwork/sketchbooks :) x
    This Routine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sketches and the effect of drawing over the old writing, such a great idea! I agree with Jessica, would love to see some more pages too :)
    Emma xo Wallflower Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketches and the effect of drawing over the old writing, such a great idea! I agree with Jessica, would love to see some more pages too :)
    Emma xo Wallflower Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this- your sketches are great! Ive recently started using sketch/scrap books again

    rosalindis.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Check back if you have a question because I will always reply, or you can email me at: rosie.jervis@hotmail.co.uk xx