Monday, July 14, 2014

10 things they didn't teach me at school

something in pencil I was working on for school, zero relevance but what's a blog post without a picture? 
  1. Going to sleep with make-up on is never a good idea.
    No one likes waking up feeling greasy with mascara halfway down their face, wash it off girl. You'll appreciate the extra 5 minutes in the morning, no matter how tired you are.
  2. Life is too short for diets.
    Does this need an explanation? Custard creams over calorie counters, word.
  3. If you're in a rush, listening to Mumford and Sons will make you speed the hell up when the banjo solo comes on.
    Ever listen to Lover of the Light whilst running for a train? No? You're welcome.
  4. Pizza always tastes better cold the next day.
    Really, it does.
  5. No one looks good drunk (unless you're drunk too).
  6. If you're cutting holes in jeans, TAKE THEM OFF FIRST.
    Especially if you're using a scalpel. Yes, this is from experience.
  7. If you don't want someone in your life, don't have them in your life. Simple as that.
    I live by this. If someone is bringing negativity into your life get them the hell out.
  8. Wearing pretty underwear will 100% make you feel like a goddess
    I'm sure this is scientific fact. Getting into a lacy bra and pants set will literally make you feel like a Victoria's Secret model, so do it as often as you can and relish in the fact no one but you can see how hot you look under your clothes.
  9. There's a difference between a friend and someone you have fun with.
    Truth be told I found this on tumblr but I thought this was seemingly relevant to my life at the moment. 
  10. My nan always taught me if you're sad and you need to cry, for god sake cry.
    Cry it all out until you can't cry any more. Throw things, hug someone, scream a little. Then drink a cup of tea and feel better with the knowledge that (and here comes the cliché...are you ready...) things always get better and nothing is temporary. These words, as wall-punchingly annoying they are to hear when you're upset, are true and always make me feel better.
So there you are, a few words of wisdom I've learnt in my 17 years. Got any life lessons for me? Leave them below!

 photo postsignature_zps264592e2.png

4 comments:

  1. Aw I love the idea of this post :) The cold pizza - good shout! haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw these are all lovely, cutting the jeans sounds painful!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww at me in the drawing and why on earth would cut your jeans whilst WEARING them?!?! lmao

    ReplyDelete

  4. I don't know if I have any life lessons because yours are all pretty spot on! How about "If your eyeliner is on point, your life is on point. - Confucius B.C." I wrote a similar post here about lessons I learned my first year of community college. AND OMG YOU LIKE TO DRAW? ME TOO!!

    - Lizz
    Smile a little at my blog here :]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!
Check back if you have a question because I will always reply, or you can email me at: rosie.jervis@hotmail.co.uk xx